Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Epsom stylus CX9400 has the message "waste in pd is

Customer Question

Epsom stylus CX9400 has the message "waste in pd is saturated". What do I do
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
waste ink pad is saturated
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Like so many other products, all Epson consumer ink jet products have a finite life span due to component wear during normal use. At some point, the product will reach a condition where either satisfactory print quality cannot be maintained or components have reached the end of their usable life. This is the normal product life cycle for highly mechanical devices like printers. This message is a warning that certain parts have reached the end of their usable life and that your printer will no longer work until it is serviced.

The message refers to the ink pads, which are actually a number of porous pads in the printer that collect, distribute, and very importantly contain the ink that is not used on printed pages. Ink is collected by these pads during the initial setup of the product, during cleaning cycles and when printing borderless photographs. Most users will not receive this message before the printer is replaced for other reasons. Some high volume users or those who use the printer for many years may receive this message about ink pads before other components reach the end of their usable life.

Epson recommends replacing the printer, but if you want to continue using it, Epson recommends having the printer serviced at an Epson Customer Care Center. Please note that replacement of ink pads is relatively expensive and may not be a good investment for lower cost printers because the printers’ other components also may be near the end of usable life.