John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to fax...and my fax machine WF-2660 notifies me

Customer Question

I am trying to fax...and my fax machine WF-2660 notifies me that I am not contected to the fax line. Yes I am...unpluged and pluged in again..
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: epson c531B. Purchased June 2015.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc. I did not scan and send...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For a week. My printer was not printing clearly...so I purchased another brand...plugged in..did not like too complicated...so I installed the epson again...and this is a result of that..
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check where the phone line, the line or cable from your phone service that is... check where the phone line is plugged in.

On the Epson, it should be plugged into 'LINE' or the 'L' jack on the Epson. Not into the 'Phone' or 'P' jack or 'handset logo' jack.

How does it work once that is corrected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did all this. My history: retiree from Bellsouth 35 years. Lines are plugged in correctly. I know this because each line is marked on the jacks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will opt out of anymore tech support and purchase a new printer and have phone tech come out. Thank you.

OK. Your phone line may be lacking a dial tone now. Or the Epson might be 'broken'. The phone tech is a wise decision at this point, probably.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.