Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

EPSON 3520 - giving error code 0xF1, having a read to see

Customer Question

EPSON 3520 - giving error code 0xF1, having a read to see advice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WF-3520 I have owned for at least 3 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and windows 10 - the error is there even if I do nt have a computer plugged in - it appears as soon as I turn the printer on :-(
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I did some printing the day before that was fine, powered up the printer the next day and the error was there.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0xF1 is indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right or right to left side during startup or operation. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are not satisfied with my answer, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK as it will badly affect my job here. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied and ignore the rating request.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excellent, thank you for the advice I will try it now and see what happens.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

You're most welcome !