crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a HP Photosmart C5280. I am getting a "carriage jam"

Customer Question

I have a HP Photosmart C5280. I am getting a "carriage jam" error but cannot find a jam. Everything seems clear. I press OK and it still gives me the same error. How do I fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 5 years old? C5280
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just turned it on after it sat for the summer. Now in Florida. It was on when I turned it on.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe this is Windows 7
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

A carriage jam means that the carriage that holds the ink cartridges is stuck; not a paper jam. Open the lid and make sure the carriage is not stuck with any plastic piece, etc.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.