GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I mpurchased a new computor and Im having problems

Customer Question

I mpurchased a new computor and Im having problems connecting my printer up for wireless. It works by cable
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: pixma Mx 432. Approx 4 years old?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on a new HP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just purchased the computer on sat and trying to hook up printer for first time.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. So I understand you are currently working by cable but you want to hook it up wireless, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  MikeW replied 2 months ago.

So in order to print wireless we have to do 2 things (easy of course). First connect the printer to the wifi. Second install the software on the PC. It would help if we could talk over the phone to do this. I will send you a phone call request. If you don't want to talk over the phone we can continue here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not whahank you.t I am looking for. Thank you
Expert:  MikeW replied 2 months ago.

ok then I will opt out.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I am certain that I can walk you through getting your printer to print wirelessly. Let's start by taking a look at your wifi router. Please click the link below to access an illustrated pdf file that shows all of the necessary steps.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300007101/01/MX430_NonPC_EN.pdf

Is there a WPS button anywhere on the router? If so, you can skip to the last page of the instructions and use the PUSH BUTTON methods for connecting.

Please note that before you begin the wireless setup procedure you should disconnect the usb cable. If you have difficulty even after disconnecting the eusb cable, you may need to uninstall the printer driver, shut down the computer and printer, and then reinstall the printer driver and software. You can find a link to the latest driver and software for Windows 10 and the Pima MX432 here:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNDA4NDA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Here are instructions for how to download and install:

1. Click the link, select [ Save ], specify "Save As", then click [ Save ] to download the file. Memo : If you select [ Run ] ( or [ Open ] ) instead of [ Save ], the file will be automatically installed after it is saved.

2. The downloaded file will be saved in the specified place in the self-extracting form ( .exe format ).

3. Double-click the downloaded EXE file to decompress it, then installation will start automatically.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!