John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Where do I find the WPS pin? samsung M2020W 2015. PC windows

Customer Question

where do I find the WPS pin?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: samsung M2020W 2015.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just replaced my computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I print without this WPS PIN?
Category: Printers
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Are you trying to print wirelessly or do you have the printer connected to your computer via the usb cable?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It prints ok with the USB cable, but I wanted to print from my iphone wirelessly

okay, we can set that up. Do you know the wifi password ***** your wireless network?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what now?

That model Samsung is fairly complicated to set up with your wifi and iPhone AirPrint.

Here are the steps >

1. Insert the supplied software CD into your CD-ROM drive.

If the installation window does not appear, click Start > All programs > Accessories > Run.

X:\Setup.exe replacing “X” with the letter, which represents your CD-ROM drive and click OK.

• For Windows 8,

If the installation window does not appear, from Charms, select Search > Apps and search for Run. Type in X:\Setup.exe, replacing “X” with the letter that represents your CD-ROM drive and click OK.

If “Tap to choose what happens with this disc.” pop-up window appears, click the window and select Run Setup.exe.

2. Review and accept the installation agreements in the installation window. Then, click Next.

3. Select Wireless on the Printer Connection Type screen. Then, click Next.

4. On the Are you setting up your printer for the first time? screen, select Yes, I will set up my printer's wireless network. Then, click Next.

If your printer is already connected on the network, select No, my printer is already connected to my network.

5. Select Using a USB cable on the Select the Wireless Setup Method screen. Then, click Next.

6. After searching, the window shows the wireless network devices. Select the name (SSID) of the access point you want to use and click Next.

If you cannot find the network name you want to choose, or if you want to set the wireless configuration manually, click Advanced Setting.

• Enter the wireless Network Name: Enter the SSID of the access point (SSID is case-sensitive).

• Operation Mode: Select Infrastructure.

• Authentication: Select an authentication type.

Open System: Authentication is not used, and encryption may or may not be used, depending on the need for data security.

Shared Key: Authentication is used. A device that has a proper WEP key can access the network.

WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal: Select this option to authenticate the print server based on a WPA Pre-Shared Key. This uses a shared secret key (generally called Pre Shared Key pass phrase), which is manually configured on the access point and each of its clients.

• Encryption: Select the encryption (None, WEP64, WEP128, TKIP, AES, TKIP AES).

• Network Password: Enter the encryption network password *****

• Confirm Network Password: Confirm the encryption network password *****

• WEP Key Index: If you are using WEP Encryption, select the appropriate WEP Key Index.

The wireless network security window appears when the access point has security settings.

Enter the Network Password ***** the access point (or router).

7. If your printer supports Wi-Fi Direct, the following screen appears.

Click Next.

• Wi-Fi Direct option appears on the screen only if your printer supports this feature.

• Can start to build Wi-Fi Direct by using Samsung Easy Printer Manager (see Setting up Wi-Fi Direct).

• Wi-Fi Direct Name: The default Wi-Fi Direct Name is ***** ***** name and the maximum length is 22 characters.

• Password ***** is the numeric string, and the size is 8 ~ 64 characters.

8. When the wireless network set up is completed, disconnect the USB cable between the computer and machine. Click Next.

9. Select the components to be installed.

10. Follow the instructions in the installation window.

Setting up AirPrint

Bonjour(mDNS) and IPP protocols are required on your machine to use the AirPrint feature. You can enable the AirPrint feature by one of the following methods.

1. Check whether the machine is connected to the network.

2. Start a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox and enter your machine’s new IP address in the browser window.

For example,

3. Click Login in the upper right of the SyncThru™ Web Service website.

4. Type in the ID and Password, then click Login. Type in the below default ID and password. We recommend you to change the default password ***** security reasons.

• ID: admin

• Password: sec00000

5. When the SyncThru™ Web Service window opens, click Settings > Network Settings.

6. Click Raw TCP/IP, LPR, IPP or mDNS .

You can enable the IPP protocol or mDNS protocol.

Printing via AirPrint

For example, the iPad manual provides these instructions:

1. Open your email, photo, web page, or document you want to print.

2. Touch the action icon().

3. Select your printer driver name and option menu to set up.

4. Touch Print button. Print it out.

did that work for you?