crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner. a few weeks ago

Customer Question

I have Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner. a few weeks ago - long story - the tower became disconnected from power - when I restored power everything worked but the Epson system and I have checked all the connections to that = finally disconnected the cord to the tower - = need to know why power won't come back when it still connected to power - don't have a CD to reload the program and need to know where to go online to download that - or did it 'blow up' the whole thing when power was disconnected
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than a year - serial# ***** - Epson Perfection V600 Photo
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Hp Pavilion Slimline - Intel Pentium Processor G640 windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Dec 13th Windows did't show up - did many 'events with EliteIT wo figures it out - finally took it to Geek Squad who plugged it in to their system and it came on - brought it home and hooked it up and has worked fine since - printer works - can't get the scanner to come on
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I unhooked the USB connection now - went to the Epson site - thinking if I download the program again it will work - apparently didn't find the correct site - and that is why I am here - I still have it hooked up to power - but the 'on' light wont come on - will check that connection again now
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Click here: http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=ntiBNCy6p2WGlrfTPm4LnsnypDhQR26j&tc=6

Click on Direct Download next to EPSON Scan and run the downloaded program to setup the scanner software again.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.