John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Tried to print confirmation of hotel reservation. Got error

Customer Question

tried to print confirmation of hotel reservation. Got error message saying "Printer error has occurred. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual. It persists. What now?
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Cannon MG6120, maybe 3 or 4 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, Mac system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No problem at all. The last thing I did before that was make 10 copies of a document I needed and it ran fine.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Such as?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please