John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought it today. I have have just taken it out of the box.

Customer Question

I bought it today. I have have just taken it out of the box. Removed the packaging etc. Loaded paper,. Turned it on. Entered the time, date etc etc data. It then says 'preparing do not open the scanner unit...' It then goes through a number of activities. It makes a horrible grinding noise shows the error message Ex08 and tells me to power it down and swithc it on again. This keeps happening.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought it new today. It is an Epson Work Force WF-3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is an HP lap top running Windows 10 but it not getting to that stage. The computer is not linked to the primter yet.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I took it out the box half an hour ago. I took it out of the box.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please