Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Have LC203; have reloaded all ink cartridges but keep

Customer Question

have LC203; have reloaded all ink cartridges but keep getting notice "cannot detect" and "reload cartridges" I've done this half dozen times with same results
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MFC-J4420DW Brother; usingbrother LC201BL and brother LC201CL color
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and I've had this printer over a year and have changed cartridges at least once
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: not used it in couple of days but cannot think of anything I've done differently. last printing was a document - all black
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no = just want the thing to print
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would prefer someone tell me what is wrong and how to "fix" it so if it happens again I do not have to go through this procedure.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>