Kamil Anwar, Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Not printing - troubleshooter says print spooler problem

Customer Question

Not printing - troubleshooter says print spooler problem fixed but it is not and I don't know how to restart the spooler!!!
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson WF-36620 less than 12 months
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only this afternoon - I printed something from the internet then could not print the next item 2 mins later
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 10 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have already paid $24 for your service - just tell me what to do please

Hold the Windows and Press X

Choose Command Prompt (admin)

type net stop spooler

when it is stopped, type net start spooler

press enter after each command.

that should do the spooler reboot, but i dont think problem is originating from spooler, it is something else which is why i sent the remote request to troubleshoot it. but if it is the spooler issue, then it will be resolved with the restart command.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It says system 5 error has occurred

You needed to choose Command Prompt (admin) not the one without admin.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks - I chose the wrong one, but now have the correct one and it says spooler has started. I will try printing. No, still not working and for some reason there are multiple printers in the settings. I have deleted some now.

I know this issue is not an easy one to resolve. Do you want me to do remote assistance or do you still want it troubleshooted here?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would like to be able to fix it myself with your help if you don't mind - that way I keep my skills up

Remove all the instances of this printer and uninstall its software from programs and features, disconnect it from the wifi and reconnect it, then re-add it using the printer software which can be downloaded from the manufacturer's site.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am a former computer trainer but now at 81 have forgotten a lot of what I did at work. I appreciate you helping me, but must now go to another task, so will do all of that when I return. Thank you so much

You're Welcome - this will take time so let me know if you run into any issues and i will respond here :)