crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Oooooopss, had a bad fall. the extending paper feeder @ the

Customer Question

Hello John, Oooooopss, had a bad fall. the extending paper feeder @ the front of printer PIX MA 490 got snapped off. Can I get, or order a replacement part? It's not my printer it's my mothers.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Same make and model #. and it is brand new! Just out of the box.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP LAP TOP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Me, Pearl, I have medical issues. (stroke, paralyzed , left side)
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I spun around and accaidentaly fell into the printer and flower pot, the feeder got broken.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

The printer itself only costs around $40 so to buy a replacement feeder would not be worth the cost. I am not sure the cost that Canon would charge for the replacement but even if they charge $20, for an extra $20 you can buy a brand new printer that comes with a 1 year warranty.

The printer can be purchased at Walmart, Staples, or likely any local electronic store.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.