John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I don't use my printer as wireless at all but somehow it

Customer Question

I don't use my printer as wireless at all but somehow it just started saying offline and will not print
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MX 492 Pixma just bought it like in the summer of 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Lenovo laptop , printing a claim form Hcfa PDF file but it printed just last week fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I used it to copy and everything was fine, I ve unplugged it and put it back on still will not print
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just tried printing from like my email same thing says printer off line
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to assist you. Does it say offline on the printer control panel or on your computer?

Expert:  MikeW replied 10 days ago.

Sounds like a simple issue to fix. I can remote into your PC and probably fix it for you.

Expert:  MikeW replied 10 days ago.

Is that ok with you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks just on my computer it says of line, I went to settings and it says it their too , I am so not a computer person. Anyway I have another engagement can I set up a time tomorrow to fix it or will that cost me more money ?
Expert:  MikeW replied 10 days ago.

Yes we can work on it tomorrow. It won't take long to fix it. Maybe 5 minutes. Just let me know when you are ready. It won't cost any more than you've already been told.