John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It stopped printing, and black ink tank still had 25% ink in

Customer Question

It stopped printing , and black ink tank still had 25% ink in it, filled it up and still prints with lines and all color ink tanks are full and only prints in black..
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: New ET 4500, bought it used from Amazon, they say its been more than 30 days so no returns...
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC LAPTOP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It worked fine for a few days, got it Nov 26 2016, the problem was detected Jan 05 2017.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: got it through WOW SAVINGS GROUP, part of amazon, as used but new, came without the ink bottles and without the disk, downloaded the files from the internet and bought ink specific to the EPSON ET 4500 from Office Depot
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please