John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am getting an error message on printer screen in the copy

Customer Question

I am getting an error message on printer screen in the copy mode sayin paper source setting is invalid
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF-2750 and it is 3 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just about an hour ago. I was copying something and changed the setting to zoom print and item
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not at this time
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have my answer yet?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I rectified the problem before your reply. I had to change the settings to w/border and auto fit to page. When I tried to copy something in a zoom (more than 100%) it changed the setting and would not let me copy anything.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok no problem, all the best.