John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a brothers dcp-l2540dw, the printer says receiving

Customer Question

I have a brothers dcp-l2540dw, the printer says receiving data, and will not clear even after rebooting the printer itself and the network, I went in and uninstalled the brothers software, also went into registry and manually removed it just to be sure, reinstalled a fresh download of the softwaresuite, replaced the cable just in case, unplugged the printer as well , still nothing, i feel like the printer itself is broken. I bought a new one already but i wouldnt mind taking one last shot at fixing it as i feel like it is an error in the printer. spent an hour of my life with tech support that i will never get back... to no avail....lol
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: prob 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: had trouble with the toner reset, after fixing that is when this started
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 12 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Are you trying to connect this printer over a wireless network, or with a USB cable direct to computer, or do you have both connections at the same time?