John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My WF 3620 refuses to print a Word document I've sent

Customer Question

Hi My WF 3620 refuses to print a Word document I've sent wirelessly from my Thinkpad T420. The driver for Windows 7 has been installed. I have checked the page size in the Word doc and have very carefully re-checked the paper type (US letter) and the positions of the guides in the paper tray. each time I try to print, the panel on the printer gives a message that begins 'Paper length does not match the setting'. Now what can I do to persuade the printer that this is not true and to start printing things again? Thank you
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF 3620 bought in early September 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: At this moment from PC Thinkpad T420 running Windows 7 as stated in first message
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started last night. Only change I saw was that I thought this printer had already been installed on the T420 but evidently it hadn't. Control panel could not find driver for WF 3620 so installed 3520 driver instead
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's as much as I can think of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to print from other programs?

Thank you.

Customer/p>