Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a canon pixma ip4000, since yesterday after upgrading

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma ip4000, since yesterday after upgrading my computer to Windows 10 now after spending almost 400.00 downloading software that was guaranteed to fix my printer instead i have been ripped off. i will NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS COMPUTER. I will try to install windows 8 and take my losses. I hate not being informed that this canon printer will not work with windows 10.. Im so Pissed, Ronnie Cheek
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NO NEVER
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: SAMSUNG ALL-IN-ONE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I HAD WINDOWS 8 NEVER HAD AN ISSUE
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 16 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that, Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows 7 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.

Download the Windows 7 driver file from the link below. Go to the link and select your operating sysytem as Windows 7, 64 bit.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/ip-series/pixma-ip4000

After downloading the file, please try installing the printer with Windows 7 driver by following the instructions in the link below.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-non-compatible-printer-drivers-windows-10

Then, do the following.

Please right click on the Start button and select Control Panel. In Control Panel, select View Devices and Printers, listed under Hardware and Sound.

Make sure that the printer is connected by USB cable. Then, click Add a printer.

It will search for the printer, and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>