Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Hpofficejet pro 8600 changed ink and now has ageneral

Customer Question

hpofficejet pro 8600 changed ink and now has ageneral printererror
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Hp 400
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: indicated a color ink was out replaced that color then it said next color was out;;that went on until i had replaced them all then it said general printer error
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: pretty much SAYS IT ALL
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What is the exact error message or code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Printer Failure. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP. ( and I tried all of the above )
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to defective printhead or logic board, you can follow the steps from the link below to remove the printhead and then clean the contacts on the printhead with cotton swab and IP alcohol, after that reseat the printhead and check the result, if you still face the same problem then, you have to replace the printhead. If that also fails then, unfortunately, the logic board is defective in that case, it will better to replace the printer because replacement cost of the logic board will be more than the price of a new printer.

Now, this is the proper process to solve the problem, if you want my personal opinion then, I will recommend you to replace the printer, after the printhead cleaning step because the price of a printhead for this printer model is too much. Let me know if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.