littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

I've had an HP officejet 4630 for about two years. It was

Customer Question

I've had an HP officejet 4630 for about two years. It was low on black toner which I replaced (and have done so many times) but since I replaced it I keep getting a message there's a "cartridge problem - at least one of the cartridges has a problem". I went so far as to get another toner, but same message. What can I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I've had it maybe 2 1/2 to 3 years most. It is an HP Officejet 4630. I don't see any other model number.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm on a Mac. OS 10.9.5.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue since Thursday, 1/5, when I replaced the toner. No problem in the past.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well....that I just need my printer!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Is it asking you to change only one cartridge, or did you replace all of them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced both. First the black, and when the printer didn't work, I replaced the color toner.

Ok, these toners have electronics in them to keep communication with the printer. If those electronics are bad, it won't work. It's still under warranty, I would exchange it for a new one, and see if the problem clears.