Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a. MCW 9310cw printer that has made excellent copies.

Customer Question

I have a. MCW 9310cw printer that has made excellent copies. All of a sudden about two inches from the left edge a 1.5!inch stripe is running down the page. It looks like it is embossed and there are black ink smears.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC9310cw more than 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Wiindows 10 on a PC. The printer is MFC-9130CW.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer was going alone making perfect copies until about ten days ago. I am on my third set of ink cartridges.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Does this happen on prints too, or just copies?
If only copies does it happen from the glass and the feeder, or just the auto feeder tray?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Printing from the iPad. This weird stripe appears on copies, on a full color page, on a screen from Goggle search, and on things from the iPad Word program when I print in black, or no black but a color (red). There is a texture to the stripe and spots that look like water marks, but the ink is dry. The stripe appear 1.75 inches in from the left side of the page, and is about 1.75 inches wide. It appears to be in a repeated section that is about 3 inches long, with the first inch or so having a smear. It just started doing this the last couple of days. I was printing something downloaded from an email link to download. Everything I try to print now has the vertical stripe. I tried copying a magazine page in both color and B&W. the stripe is there but not as bad as on just B&W text. There also appears to be just a light smudge stripe on the right side if the paper. The paper seems to be feeding correctly, with most of the page perfect.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Would you be able to possibly scan me a page of what the issue looks like so I can see it more closely?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Attached are photos of printed pages.The first 3 examples are pages sent to the printer from my iPad.
0726 shows the stripe through the text, about 1.75 from the left edge
0727 shows the pack side of a page with black ink stripe..some of these show text from previous page.
0729 shows another page with the damage
0733 shows a color photocopy. Note at the top above "at-Q" there is a good example of the damage that looks like it has water damage, but it is dry when it comes out of the printer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the info and photos,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This is either internal contamination, a bad drum, or a bad fuser/belt unit.

Initially we can do some cleaning,

open it up ,remove the cartridges and drum assembly. Blow the inside out with compressed air.

Then clean the drums by sliding the green plastic tab side to side 5 times.

Put it all back together and run several test prints.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.