crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Replaced my ink Cartridge's and when I say print they go

Customer Question

Replaced my ink Cartridge's and when I say print they go back and my printer
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Hewelett Packard Desk Jet 840C the cartridges come to center of printer and does not print snf the red light blinks. I use HP #15 & 17.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 840 C. Have had it over 10 years never had a problem. I don't know, I'm not a computer person.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Wednesday. I received the new cartridges put them in and told it to print and all it did was the bot***** *****ght just blinked . I've replaced new inks over the years and this never happened.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO as I don't know what to do.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please open the lid and remove the ink cartridges then insert them back in firmly then close the lid.

While the printer is powered on, remove the power cord.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug the power cord back in and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I am just going to buy a new Printer. Thanks any way. Am retired and can't keep paying service charges.

Thank you for the update -- The average printer life is around 3-5 years so for the printer to last 10 years is awesome.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Josh since it's over 10 Years old, plus was given to me by my Hair Dresser who is my Granddaughters God Father he had to have it a few years. I would say it's time for a new one. I have found an HP new one for $99.00 with 25% off coupon. Plus its not huge like the one I have. I appreciate your interest, but your price to help with no guarantee you can fix it is 1/3 of the cost of a new printer. I did all the steps you gave and it still didn't work. Thanks for your time.

Thank you for the update.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.