John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson XP 410 gives me a "Paper out, :Load Paper" message

Customer Question

My Epson XP 410 gives me a "Paper out, :Load Paper" message when in fact it has plenty of paper. Error started after printing a few copies normally.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 15 to 18 months old. Model is XP1410 Small-in-One Printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac...as far as I know, the latest OS, no updates outstanding
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started last evening. Everything was fine, printing. Part way through a small job, after 4 perfect copies, this started. Tried everything, rebooting, looking for jams, etc. nothing. With the printer turned sideways tried it and it printed a few more copies then stopped again.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is pretty much it
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What do you mean by printer turned sideways? Did you tip the printer in order to get it to print?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I turned it 90 degrees to get a better look into the area where you place the paper. I believe I tipped it slightly as I turned it.

What type of paper size and weight are you loading with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
20 lb "Husky Copy 30" purchased at Staples. This is my 3rd package of 500 sheets of the same paper. About 1/3 way through this package.