John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a PIXMA ip6000d printer that will not feed paper/ 5

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA ip6000d printer that will not feed paper/
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5 years perhaps ip6000D
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing happened. stopped feeding 1 week ago. worked well before
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried turning it o and off. I've opened the back and look to see if there is a paper jam and there is not.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, when the printer should be feeding paper, does it sound as if it is trying to?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cant tell if you are working on my issue in realtime or not. I don't want remote access.

Good.

It could be, then, that (depending upon the printer's age and degree of use) that the paper pickup rollers, that swiff the topmost paper sheet off the paper stack, have become slippery with age.

That could be remedied with a cleaning. Here's how to do that sort of roller cleaning

in the problem area where feeding is not happening:

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.

How does that do, for the problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not feeding despite cleaning

That's too bad.

I suggest that you check as to how the paper is loaded - I presume it is loaded properly and fully into the printer, but it's worth one check to be sure - and then let me know, what paper you are using. Normal Letter paper that has worked before in this printer? I presume.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried single sheets and stacks. regular printer paper. it seems the rollers are not moving. lots of noise but nothing seems to initiate the feeding of paper at the feed

Then I am sorry to say that you probably have a printer that is 'broken'. It will need either service-repairing, or replacing, for this sort of problem.

(If the printer is less than a year old, measured from its purchase date, it will be serviced for free under warranty of course.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we are done. am I getting charged for this service interaction?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for your help anyway!

I'm not sure if you are being charged. I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.