John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I had to reinstall windows 10 and lost my canon 3500 and

Customer Question

I had to reinstall windows 10 and lost my canon 3500 and cannot retrieve it. I am registered as Willam **********at ********** I believe. JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is? Customer: No. We are at a KOA on Pine Island, Florida and had extreme trouble with their wifi. Finally, I decided to reinstall windows 10 and that caused me to loose my printer, ity seems. JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running? Customer: Laptop HP JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up? Customer: About two days. As I said. it seems that getting the KOA wifi, something happened while installing the secure wifi. JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you? Customer: All of the Canon was wiped out . Perhaps another problem was that I was trying to get the laptop and the printer to communicate through blue tooth and they would not do so. All I had done was put the laptop and printer into my camper, traveled 1200 miles south to Florida.

Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 17 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 17 days ago.

On the printer, did you connect it to the current Wi-Fi network?