John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to connect my c4795 printer to my laptop with a

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my c4795 printer to my laptop with a USB connection to my laptop and the square printer cable is connected to the back of the printer I know the printer is on because I just copied a document manually
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I am trying to connect my c4795 printer to my laptop with a USB connection to my laptop and the square printer cable is connected to the back of the printer I know the printer is on because I just copied a document manually it is approximately a year old and I have never been able to get it to print from my computer and I am discusted the thing doesn't work
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: my computer is approximately two years old . it is an HPwithintelcore i3
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue every since I have had the printer and computer I always intended to always do it later and now later is now
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I oroiginally was going to use it wirelessly but that didn't work either so if I can just get it to work connected directly then I can pursue the wireless deal
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when installing the printer's CD software or download?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,