John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have replaced drum for brother MFC 7460DN and paper is

Customer Question

Have replaced drum for brother MFC 7460DN and paper is coming out black
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC 7460DN ..NOT SURE HOW OLD IT IS
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we just reeplacerd the druym
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are several things that can cause this. But first, what was the problem that you replaced the drum about?

Just re-seating the drum, and checking for spilled toner before you put it back in after removing it briefly, esp. spilled toner on any metal surface, contact, or spindle, might cure the problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Was getting alert on PC to replace drum

When replacing the drum, you might have either not quite seated it, and the toner cartridge, quite right and quite in-place. Or there might be spilled toner on a high-voltage supply contact, which if obscured by toner, would not transmit high-voltage to the right place, causing the black pages.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I speak to someone before giving my credit card details

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Just try what I said, please. Thanks.