Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Canon MP990 multifunction printer/ scanner. I have

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP990 multifunction printer/ scanner. I have problems in the past with error code 300, losing contact with the printer via wireless. ( Our wireless signal is just fine all over the house) In the past I have simply reloaded the software from the disc I received with the printer and usually everything is fine. For the past few months I get a note when i've reloaded the printer software that updates are required but I don't know what updates they are talking about and where to get them. I presume Canon but I cannot seem to find an appropriate site. Every time I click on a download site, Mackeeper or some other company horns in so I don't know what to do and I don't know what downloads are applicable to my printer. Pleas help
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My printer was bought in 2011 and it's done this numerous times.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: An Imac ( 2011) running El Capitan running 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Strangely sometimes it will just happen and then I shut I'll boot everything up including the printer and my wireless etc and let it settle down and sometimes that will work and sometimes it won't. I'll give up on it for awhile and then when I want to print later on sometime it will print and work for awhile , then I'll run into the same problem
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer hasn't been printing clearly lately either despite new cartridges etc. If you run print cleaning it used ink like crazy..... i don't know if that's normal. Is there anything I can do about the print head??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can get the latest updates from the Canon website at:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp990

Is the printer used regularly?

When did it last print successfully?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.