John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It's actually my scanner, my printer is fine. Just got it

Customer Question

it's actually my scanner, my printer is fine. Just got it and trying to figure this thing out!
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MB5420 and it's brand new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've never gotten it to work. The printer works fine, but I bought it for the scan feature
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried everything including hiring an expert to come help me and even they couldn't find out what was going on
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: am I getting someone else now??
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. Are you trying to scan a document to the PC?

Expert:  MikeW replied 2 months ago.

The software should have a utility to allow you to scan from the printer to the PC. Also if you copy a document on the printer it would have to scan it to be able to print a copy. Does it copy ok?