John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I've had my HP printer for two + years and cannot get it

Customer Question

I've had my HP printer for two + years and cannot get it hooked up to my HP All-In-One desk top. <: <
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My HP is an All-In-One and I've had it for less than a year and it has already been sent to the repair dept. and had a new hard drive installed.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Desk top PC - Windows 8.1, but was sent with Windows 10 < : <
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Apprently my warrenty ran out in November and this is the first notice I have received.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, as I said before I have an HP printer and have never been able to hook it up to my desk top. Also,what can I do to get my warrenty re-activated in February?
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

To better understand the problem, please tell me what happens when you connect your printer to the computer? Do you see any error messages? Also, are you connecting it with a USB cable or another way?

Type your reply below.

Thanks,