Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a new MAC that does not have a slot for a disk

Customer Question

I have a new MAC that does not have a slot for a disk anymore. How can I download the software to hook it up with my printer?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC-J430W. 4 years maybe?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got the new mac. Can I transfer from the old with a flash drive. I know nothing and I can't do the migration.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You can download and install the printer's driver / software at the Brother website. ON your new Mac computer, please click on the Brother website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj430w_all

, then there, click on the blue Search button. Then there, download and install both the Printer Driver and the Scanner Driver.

- Once the installation is finished, if needed, make sure the printer is powered on, then click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners. Then there, click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and select your Brother printer, if it is detected, then click on Add, then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,