Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I bought a used Canon MX432 and am trying to get it to

Customer Question

I bought a used Canon MX432 and am trying to get it to recognize my wireless connection. It finds it by name when doing the standard LAN set-up, the blue light flashes so it is searching for the wireless but it always "times out" before it is connected!
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't really know much about it, but it does print, has new cartridges and seems in good condition in every way except finding the wireless
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MACBook Pro OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got the printer and the 1st step I tried per what I could find on-line was connecting the wireless. I have tried the WPS method and standard method several times and they always time out
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is my only issue - but it's an essential one!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

canons can be a pain with that. especially with a mac

the "easiest" way to do it is using the canon utility while the printer is hooked up via usb

that lets the printer copy the wifi settings from the computer.

i can do it with you if you want to pay a little bit extra for remote service.

there is a network tool that you can download from this webpage under the software tab

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx432?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

it is nowhere near as easy as it should be but i have been able to make it work many times. though it often takes a few tries.