John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Pixma 4200 which orange light blinks 5 times, i

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a Pixma 4200 which orange light blinks 5 times, i tried all suggestions in here (cleaning printing head, removing and replacing it, reseting eprom, but nothing happened, i think it has another problem, because it countiues to blink even when there is no cardridges in it or without printing head. whould you please help me to solve this problem...thanks in advance
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: i think almost six years old, but the head in newer, almost three years.No it hasn't happened before.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC win 7 Premium
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened yesterday, it was turned off, when i tried to make a print job it showed me the error message. note that i have printed some pages the day before
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to mention that when i open the print head door the head comes to the center immediately, whereas before this error it took a while maybe 30 seconds.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Is this a pixma IP4200?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It's more than a week that i've paid 5 dollars for the answer, but still there is nothing for me.
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 days ago.

Actually, when you replied it was days after I had replied, and then a week later, and so I didn't see your reply. Sorry for that, but I will opt your question out to all other experts for review, so you can get a reply soon. Thank You.