Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Trying to set it up but can't find a connection to my

Customer Question

trying to set it up but can't find a connection to my computer
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: pima mg2500 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac os sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: trying to set it up the way my old hp printer was but can't find connecter to it from the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to run the canon windows u2.1 cd but a message says i can't
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

The cable that connects your printer to your computer is a usb printer cable. it has a flat usb connector on the computer end and a square connector with a corner shaved off at the printer end. The jack is located on the rear of the printer, on the top right corner.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I accidentally cut you off. If you lost my first part here goes. I bought my Canon PIXMAMG2520 a couple of months ago. I just started to replace my HP printer, had my Canon plugged in and it's buttons lit up but couldn't find anything to connect it to my macOS Sierra. No usb that I could find in the box. I just read your answer but haven't been able to find the usb you described. It may be among the wrapping stuff that I have around me. If I still can't find it, will you be able to tell me where I can buy another one? No the printer, just the usb connection.

You can get one at any stationary store an at many convenience stores for around $10US.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That sounds like the easiest solution. One other thing I forgot to mention. I tried to play the cd that came with the printer but when I tried, it said"not permitted". Does the printer need to be connected before the cd will be allowed to play?

No. The cd is incompatible with your s sierra operating system. This new OS was a major redesign. We will need to find drivers for your printer on the internet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You've been very helpful and answered all my questions. I would like to rate our conversation now.

No worries. I have located drivers for your printer that are compatible with your operating system. We can continue working on your problem tomorrow, when you have obtained a usb printer cable. Look for a cable with the two different connectors. You can return to this session at any time by selecting the link in your notification email. The question will be open for one week.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Joel, my anxiety attack is fading now. I'll connect with you tomorrow after I get the usbprinter cable.
Yours, Charles Clopton

Very good. I will look for you tomorrow.