Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson WF 7620 was dropped. Now has an error 0x69

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). Considering the drop, you likely just have a cartridge that popped out of place.

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did everything, No help
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Run through the steps again, to be sure nothing was missed, but take the added steps of giving the cartridges all a good shake as well to redistribute the ink inside.

If still no change, then there is internal hardware damage to the printer, not surprising to see from physical damage like a drop. That would require replacement of the printer as this type of issue is not feasible to service, it would cost more to fix than to replace the printer.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.