Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

It gave me a Fuser Low Heat Error. We looked in the back of

Customer Question

It gave me a Fuser Low Heat Error. We looked in the back of the printer and a small light blue piece had broken off. It has a small spring attached to it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dell 2335 DN
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with four computers. We have different operating systems on each computer. One of them is Windows 7.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: One hour. Printer was working normally until the error message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is urgent!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The fuser error would most likely have not much to do with the blue piece that broke off - which is probably one of the snaps that hold the fuser or the fuser cover in place, or maybe (if it is pointed or wedge-shaped at one end) a separation pawl.

But neither of those would produce a Low Heat Error. That's a different matter.

The usual thing to do about a low heat error (the fuser is, you know, supposed to heat up a lot, in order to 'melt' the fine powdery toner dust when the paper with toner on it passes through it, and make the toner bind to the paper...) the usual thing to do is to replace the fuser.

That covers all of several possible causes of the problem, and also is rather easier to do.

So, would you like to replace the fuser in your printer as a unit? if so, one can be had here:

http://www.iteminconline.com/kw449-u_kw449-u-dell-2335-fuser-110v-good-pull-with-less-that-5.htm?source=froogle&gclid=CNOh07iap9ECFVJYDQodCrkOSw

for a low price of about $90, or you could buy this one (new):

http://www.iteminconline.com/kw449_kw449-591-bbbv-dell-2335-2355-fuser-110v-brand-new.htm?source=froogle&gclid=CJib2b-ap9ECFRhMDQod0W8Fyg

for about $124, or from here:

http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/dell-2335dn-fuser-unit

for a completely representative $134. (Before shipping and tax of course.)

That would cure the problem with the piece that broke off, too, you know, if the fuser were replaced.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.