Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an older Epson WF-610. Trying to set up for wireless

Customer Question

I have an older Epson WF-610. Trying to set up for wireless printing from our Mac's. We just got a new internet provider, so a new router. The new router security mode is WPA2-PSK(AES). This mode doesn't show up on the printer's wireless set up screen. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new printer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2010. WorkForce 610 is the model. There's a model number on the back. Do you need it?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: An mid-2011 IMac with OSX 10.8 and a mid-2010 MacBook Pro with 10.12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just since we went to the new internet provider a few weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not as far as I know
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Do not install the printer software or if it is already installed then remove it from your computer. After that, open the link below and follow the steps to reconnect the printer with the new router after successfully connecting the printer. Reinstall the printer software once more. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf610_/wf610_ng.pdf