Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I cannot connect my I pad, I phone or mac to my hp printer.

Customer Question

Hi, I cannot connect my I pad, I phone or mac to my hp printer. I had devices connected previously, but the connection drops out. My daughter has a HP laptop and has no issues
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is roughly 3-4 years old I believe, I will get the model #
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The printer is an HP Photosmart 5520. The HP laptop is fine , mac laptops , I phones and iPads I can't connect to
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been ongoing for quite awhile. I used to be able to connect these devices and the connection would drop out the next time I tried to print. But now I can't connect them at all
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 20 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you devices and the printer are on the same wireless network. If yes, try setting up wireless on the printer again. Follow the instructions below.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary screen appears.

3. Touch Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

4. It will searches for available SSIDs (wireless network name). Touch your wireless name from the list.

5. Enter the wireless password. The password ***** ***** sensitive and make sure that you enter it properly.

Then, try printing from your computer and iPad again. Let me know the result.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How do I get the password?
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

If you do not know the network password ***** you have connected the computer to the same wireless network, follow the instructions in the link below to get the password.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/18/how-to-find-a-wi-fi-password-on-mac/

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOxxh4kjU4

Thank you!

Customer/p>