John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon MF8300C Series but I have a new computer and

Customer Question

I have a canon MF8300C Series but I have a new computer and no longer have the cd to put it on my computer and my computer will not find it
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: bout 2 years and no I have the same computer till now
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it is a hp desk top self contained it doesn't have a tower I think ur asking windows its 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it worked fine on my old computer. I just lost the disk to add it to my new one I just got bout 3 days ago and the computer is supposed to recognize it when plugged into computer it does but says it unavailable
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may add the printer to the new computer this way:

1. turn Off the printer. If you have already connected it to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect that USB cable also, and step 2 and step 3 become all the more essential, by the way...

2. go to

Start (at lower left)

Control Panel

View Devices and Printers (in the Hardware category)

and select (by clicking once on) any icon found there that does represent your Canon MF8300C printer, and then delete that icon with the Del key.

3. restart your computer.

4. once restarted, go to

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/color-imageclass-mf8350cdn

and select, then download, the Service Pack for MF8050Cn/MF8350Cdn Printer Driver (32-bit & 64-bit)... and install it once it is downloaded.

There is no driver per se for Windows 10, it seems. So just turning On the printer and connecting it may be good enough, may have to be good enough. Hopefully Windows 10 has a built-in driver for this model.

Let me know how it goes, please. And if there's a difficulty at any point, tell me about it, and I will offer further advice.