Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I use a 2880 Photo printer mostly on glossy work. Please

Customer Question

I use a 2880 Photo printer mostly on glossy work. Please tell me the steps I must use to change ink and prints from Glossy, to Matte. I can change the inks fine but can't figure out how to get the printer to accept the new ink.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson 2880
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC on Windows Seven
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It worked fine last time I changedinks, but this was a year ago and I've forgotten how. I'm 87.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just how to get the printer to recognize the new ink. This doesn't happen automatically on my 2990.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Do you use Windows or Mac ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

You have two questions and the best way to get the answer is from a manual, you can download it from the link below then, follow the steps from page 19 for the paper settings and from page 40 for the cartridges replacing instructions, but if you have followed the same steps as on the manual, to replace the cartridges then, the new cartridge can be defective and you have to replace it to solve the problem with the cartridge. Let me know, if you need any further assistance.

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/r2880_/r2880_00ug.pdf