Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

WorkForce 840-- prints some lines regularly(dark) and other

Customer Question

workForce 840-- prints some lines regularly(dark) and other lines extremely light(non-readible) on same sheet
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: modelC423A---maybe 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC--microsoft 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2days
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no,thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the printer in regular use?

When did the printer last successfully print a good sheet?

Can you try cleaning the print head a few times and let me know if there is any improvement:

On the menu, go to Setup - Maintenance - Head Cleaning. You can clean all colors here.

Also run a nozzle check from the same menu to ensure there are no blockages.

If you don't see any improvement after cleaning the print head four times, leave the printer turned on and wait at least six hours to let any dried ink soften. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality does not improve, one of the ink cartridges may need to be replaced.

If that sstill doesn't help, then the print head will need to be replaced.

If you do not use your printer very often, it is a good idea to print a few pages at least once a month to maintain good print quality.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.