My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today with your printer problem. My success depends on your positive feedback, and therefore your satisfaction is my highest priority.
First let's check to make sure the latest firmware is installed in the printer.
Please go to the following Brother website to install the Firmware Update tool, and then run it. It will check to make sure that you have the latest firwware update installed in your printer. If you are not at the latest, let the utility install the update.
If you are at the latest, please continue.
Next, please clean the Corona Wire. The corona wire is the high voltage wire that charges the drum unit when it prints. This is a safe customer tasks when the printer is not printing, so do not worry about performing the task. Please follow the instructions at this web site location:
The reason for cleaning the wire is that if the wire is dirty, sometimes it can cause electrical interference, which can manifest itself as printing errors.
And finally, you can reset the toner count by doing the following steps.
1. Open the front cover where the toner cartridge is. You will get a message that says Cover is Open.
2. Press and hold the # button for 10 seconds.
3. You will be in the Reset menu.
4. Scroll down until you see the TNR-STR-A menu item, and press it to select it.
5. Press Yes to confirm you want to reset. You should see the message Accepted.
6. Close the Cover, and press the Home Key.
Try printing again.
I hope that the above steps will solve your toner problems.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen, and then click submit.