John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson R320 which has given me terrific service

Customer Question

I have an Epson R320 which has given me terrific service until now. I just had to replace all the ink cartridges but the printer isn't recognizing the new ones even though they are the correct numbers. When I try to run nozzle check, an error message comes up and the maintenance button blinks. Also, it indicates needs new ink.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Photo Stylus R320 - approximately 8 or nine years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Printer was asking for new ink but everything seemed to be printing O.K. When it started to refuse to print because of ladk of ink I replaced all the cartridges exactly as I have done it for years. BUT now I can't get beyond the word ERROR
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it's been great till now and I have a backup of things to print. Just documents nothing fancy and no pictures. Also, the printer always reverts to the paper setting of photo, glossy, 4 X 6??
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Do you see an error code or number, or is it a flashing error light?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Error light I can't bail out of.