John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Why is my 810 constently gtelling me I have a paper jamb

Customer Question

Why is my 810 constently gtelling me I have a paper jamb when I don't.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: XP810 - 3yrs maybe
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite L755 - windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Occasionally for the past 4-6 weeks - nothing that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've always loved it, until now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Has the persistent or occasional false paper jam indication come and gone in the last 4 to 6 weeks? that's what it sounds like.

Have you had any actual paper jams, where you found paper actually stuck in the machine, especially one that may have occurred about 4 to 6 weeks ago ? if so, where was the paper jammed, did it tear when you removed it, and how did you remove it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe so. Yes - connect to it.

I regret: a printer problem of this sort cannot be solved by connecting to it. It isn't possible to do anything useful that way - unless the problem were on your computer. (And even then, I couldn't connect to your computer myself, if it were an Apple... or a handheld. There are limitations to remote connections, unfortunately.)

However, another Expert may take up your request at any time. That's how the system works.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
call me now while I'm in the office.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what you're talking about. I need someone to call me and fast. I can't print anything. Texting is too difficult for me on a flip phone.

Examine the interior of the printer very thoroughly for even the smallest of paper scraps.

Then close it up again, and try putting at least one sheet of paper of the right size for the print job, in every possible paper source / paper tray / manual feed slot of the printer.

Then if nothing happens, try turning the printer Off for 10 minutes at least. Then trying again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HELP!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is my "help". I can't find anything wrong with the printer, except it tells me it can't print because of a paper jamb somewhere. I don't find any paper jam!! I'VE GOT STUFF I NEED TO GET OUT TODAY! PLEASE HELP ME! MY CELL PHONE STILL WORKS. WHAT'S WRONG WITH DIALING MY NUMBER(###) ###-####? DON'T YOU ALL HAVE PHONES THERE??

I have Opted Out, opening the main case, as well as the phone call / Premium Service request, to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Do you still need help with this ?