Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My printer is telling me to turn off power and turn back on.

Customer Question

My printer is telling me to turn off power and turn back on. When I do I get a scanner error. The error code is "0xFA"? Could you help me please?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson WF-3520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Windows10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It made it clicking noise, letting me know something was up and then it told me to turn off power.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.