MikeW
MikeW, Computer Engineer
Experience:  32+ years Computer and Networking Experience
9863586

IT READS LOCKED BY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR. CAN NOT TURN OF

Customer Question

IT READS LOCKED BY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR. CAN NOT TURN OF WIFI CONNECTION. GOT NEW ROUTER AND PROBLEM STARTED
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: HP OFFICEJET PRO 8620
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DELL PC. CORPORATE LAPTOP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WORKED FINE UNTIL I GOT A NEW ROUTER. I COULD PRINT FROM PHONE, I-PAD AND COMPUTER
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ON PRINTER FACE IT READS "WIRELESS OFF" CANT GET IT TO TURN ON. RESET ROUTER. CAN ONLY PRINT FROM LAPTOP IF I CONNECT PRINTER WITH ETHER NET CORD.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
wireless setup wizard unavailable
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
printer is less than 2 years old
Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to assist you today. Do you have internet on the router / PC?

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

Can you check to make sure the wireless on the printer is turned on?

1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and then touch Network Setup.

2. Touch Wireless Settings.

3. Touch Wireless to turn on or turn off the radio.

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

Then let me know what the blue wifi light on the printer is doing.

The wireless capability of the printer is on by default, as indicated by the blue Wireless light on the printer control panel. If the wireless light is blinking, the wireless is on but you do not have a wireless connection. If the wireless light is on solid blue, the printer has an active connection to a wireless network.

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

Also please disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. If I need to talk to you or do a remote assistance I'll let you know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Reads systems administrator locked. Cant use setup to turn on phone on the printe.
Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

It reads that on the printer? So you can't do anything with the control panel on the printer?

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

unplug the printer for 10 secs plug back in

push back button 4 times consecutively and a menu will come up to reset to factory settings

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

Did that work?

Expert:  MikeW replied 18 days ago.

If not try this

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.
2. Touch Tools.
3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.
4. Touch OK.