John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Wont pull the paper in. Keeps saying load paper. HP

Customer Question

Wont pull the paper in. Keeps saying load paper.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Officejet 6700 All in one. 3 yo.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't print much but it's kind of been happening when I try to. It makes the noise like its pulling the paper but it doesn't catch. I take paper out straighten (not that it wasn't in there neatly ?) and try to print again. It has worked then. This morning it's just not working at all. Re straightened, make sure gently pushed forward all the way, lessened stack of paper in the printer and blew out the paper caddy and up into it with canned air. Still wont pull paper.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Please see this video for all troubleshooting steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix_d8HotTQc