Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Our LC 103 printer has stopped copying and/or printing. When

Customer Question

Hi John! Our LC 103 printer has stopped copying and/or printing. When it prints it has a border but not the contents in the middle. That part is blank. Help!
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: would it be MFC-J475DW? 4-5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC Firefox
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I'd been printing all along and it just suddenly stopped about 2 weeks ago.Nothing happened that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that it won't copy items either. Thank you!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I prefer to have your experts fix my problem by telling me how.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You're the MAN. printer is much better. We had to clean it two times but it worked. Thank You!
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

I am glad to hear that.

Thank you!

Customer/p>