John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Trying to print #10 envelope from Google docs. But I can't

Customer Question

Trying to print #10 envelope from Google docs. But I can't find that document size in the printer page.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MX 472 - about 2 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC running Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had sucessfully printed #10s back in August or July. But when I sent document this time the printer saent a sixe error message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

The option for Envelope #10 should appear in the Print Preview under Paper Size -- Does that option not show up or does it show up and it gives you an error?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do not see the option for printing a #10 envelope in the Paper Size list for Print Preview for the Canon Mx470_series print queue.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

The print preview window is within Google Docs

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have attached png files that show what I what I see when I select Print Preview from Google docs and then select the Canon MX option.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Take a look here: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-how-to-create-an-envelope-in-google-docs/

Are you using an Envelope template? Take a look at the steps on the link above

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
this doc was created using a envelope template from Add-ons >> Envelope >> #10
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

In the print paper size, do you see an option for Envelope?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No, as the earlier paper size png file indicates.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

The previous PNG file only shows the selected option -- If you click on the Paper size option where it says "Letter" then it will show a list of options.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ooops. Sorry, I did not realize my Snipping Tool did not pick up the drop down list.
There is no option for Envelope in that list:
5x7
Index
Letter
A4
A5
B5
Hagaki
L (followed by "89x127mm")
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

After your last reply, I wanted to do some research on the issue and this is a very common issue lately and at this time, there is no solution to the problem that has worked in the forum.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that's the extent of what I get for five dollars? Unbelievable. Absolutely nothing beyond what I already had explored and realized online, except that my problem is "a very common issue lately". This is the last time I seek help at JustAnswer. A rip-off. I thought you were printer experts. More like printer exploiters.
Peter Kehoe
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Peter,

I understand that you are upset but if Google has not resolved an issue with their website/program then there is nothing that can be done until there is a fix for it.