John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Lexmark printer, Series 901 will not properly print a

Customer Question

My Lexmark printer, Series 901 will not properly print a double wavy-line border in color. There are all new color cartridges installed, yet the top eighth of the box prints in a very light blue and the rest of the boxed border prints in black. Please help!!Janet
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello Janet, if you try making a copy from the glass (in color) how does that come out?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't understand your statement. What glass? I am trying to print a copy right from the computer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You have a multifunction printer, it is capable of making a photocopy.

Put a color document or photo face down on the glass and make a color photocopy.

I need you to do this to test the functionality of the lexmark itself to properly diagnose the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan,
I put something to copy and it copies fine. I went through a printer cartridge alignment and it shows that the alignment is perfect. I checked ink levels and they are all at full. It just prints a fraction of the border at the top of the page in the color I want and then the rest of the border is in black.
I would prefer that nobody logs into my computer to remotely control it for security reasons.
I will be contacting Lexmark support regarding this problem because, from what I can see, you are not able to correct this issue and since Lexmark manufactures the printer I feel they would be the best people to contact. Can you please send me the information on how I would go about obtaining a refund since I am not satisfied because the problem was not corrected.Janet
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

No remote connection is necessary, and I could help you given the opportunity to do so.

Lexmark does not support their printers anymore and will not help you.

You may cancel from the help page if you wish.

Thanks